Thursday 21 October 2010

Silver and Pearls...

Hi!! :)

Eurgh- it’s sooo cold today!! :( I have enough trouble with feeling cold all through the year (another M.E. thing :[ ) but I’m really not too pleased about having to be permanently within reach of a hotwater-bottle before the end of October!! I’m sensing I’d best get used to it though- feels like we might be in for another bad winter :[ Anyway, to more pleasant things... today I thought I’d show you the second instalment of my crafting spree for my Gran’s 80th birthday – a necklace and earring set which I made for her :)


It’s made with Glass Pearls and Sterling Silver findings; the pearls are a mixture of white, cream and mocha colours as those will work well with my Gran’s favourite clothing colours- browns/caramels/creams :)


The design was inspired by a necklace I saw on tv somewhere, but I adapted and built on that to make it more interesting, using different colours and sizes of bead :)


The earrings made to match :) The large pearls are hung on two links of chain and then the smaller ones are attached to the top link so they nestle onto the main one a little closer than in the necklace :)

My Gran hasn’t received this yet as I gave it to my Dad to take down when they visit, rather than chance it in the post, and that’s not ‘til this weekend, so I’m still feeling a little nervous about whether she’ll like it :S She and my Grandad have never really seen any of my jewellery before, though they do know I’ve been making odd things for a while, so I’m hoping it will be a good surprise :)

My Gran did, however, really love the card (in my last post below)- it’s a lovely feeling, isn’t it, when you make something that’s really personal for a special occasion and it’s truly appreciated?! Though, of course, I wish so much I was able to be there with her as I know that would mean more than any card, I could tell from her voice when we spoke that she really did love it and appreciate every bit of the time and energy that went into it, and I have to say it made me feel very happy that I’d made her feel loved as she always has me :)

...but enough of my soppiness!! ;) I don't know if it's okay to enter jewellery into challenges that are probably designed for cards/papercrafts but, if it is, I''d like to enter this in the Top Tip Tuesday Anything Goes challenge :)

Thank you for all the lovely comments I’ve had on the card already!! :) I’ve been trying a new technique I’ve seen around blogland recently in the last couple of days so I’ll be back soon with the finished articles, I hope :)

hugs,

10 comments:

Leanne said...

WOW - this is an absolutely stunning piece of jewellery - I would love that myself.

I am sure your Grandmother will love it - its so beautiful.

Thank for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

Hugs
Leanne xx

Vicky said...

Wow how clever are you hun!, soooo love it and great design and gorgeous pearls :o)
Your gran will just love it!
hugs Vicky xx

Rachael said...

Wow wow wow Im sure your Gran will love this! I know I do!
What fab jewellery Rachel that im sure will have taken awhile to make. Im not sure if I really have the patience to play with the little beads so probably would be able to make anything as good as this!
Hope you have a good day
Hugs
Rachael :)

Fuzzy Slippers said...

O-M-G!!! This is a stunner. If your Gran doesn't like it, I'll take it off her hands. hee-hee :) Seriously, Thanks for playing with us at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck!

sparklingblackrose said...

Absolutely stunning honey, I'm sure your gran will be very happy and wear it often :-) I'm guessing if your gran is like my nan she'll mention it to all her other friends-we call that a nan off as they constantly list bigger and better things their grandchildren have done :-) it's so lovely to know that we make their lives as special as they do for us :-)
Elaine xxx

Dawnll said...

This jewelery set is just beautiful. I just love pearls and this is so wonderful.Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. this week

coops said...

wow, this is absoloutely stunning rachel.what a truly beautiful and unique gift.i love the pearls :D

xx coops xx

Kay Carley said...

Hi Rachel. Just thought I'd stop by (again!) and thank you for your lovely comment that you left on my blog. So glad you like the Funky Flowers stamp sheet.

The necklace and earrings you've made here are absolutely stunning. Who couldn't love these? So classy but with a modern feel to them too - gorgeous!

Kay xx

pickle said...

This is absolutely gorgeous xx

Caroljenks said...

Beautiful - and I bet your Gran thought so too :)

Thanks for sharing this with us at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...