Monday 29 November 2010

Long time, no post...

Hey!! :)

Well, it’s been far longer since I last posted than it was meant to be...think I should stop saying that I hope to be back soon as every time I do it’s ages ‘til I manage to post again!! :S I’ve not been feeling too great and spent most of last week making my little sis’ 16th birthday card and gift so not much energy left for blogging :(

Anyways, I’ve got a fairly simple card to share to ease me back in gently... ;) This is for a friend’s birthday and is unfortunately going to be a little late, but I hope she’ll like it!! :)


I’ve been wanting to try this style of card for a while- it’s one half of an A6 pearlescent blank folded in half again so it's quite dinky and cute :) My friend loves purple as much as me so the colour choice was obvious!! :) The main image and all the background flowers are from the absolutely gorgeous Papermania Hampstead set, stamped on white pearl paper with a purple sheen :) I used Brilliance inks in Pearlescent Purple and the bright green from the Peacock Trio pad to stamp them and then a waterbrush with the same inks to colour them all- very simple!! :) It’s ages since I watercoloured with Brilliance inks- used to do it all the time and had forgotten how beautifully they work!! :)


The greeting is an old Whispers one cut into a tag shape and the ribbon was white and coloured by pressing it in to the Brilliance pad :) A few touches of Crystal Stickles to finish, of course, and that was it!! :)


And another little close-up of the main flower :)

So, that’s my simple card- thanks for popping by and for any comments you leave!! :) I’ve been a bit hopeless with commenting myself lately and that may not get any better this side of Xmas as I’m always on the limits energy-wise this time of year anyway :S But I’m still loving checking out all your blogs as often as I can! :S Hope you’re all well and coping with the cold okay!! :) We've not had any snow so far but by the looks of the forecast I just saw, that may change tonight...

hugs,

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Hiya Rachel and welcome back hun :o)
Gorgeous card tonight, fab layout and lovely image too. Your friend will just love it,
hugs Vicky xx

Rachael said...

Lovin the card Rachel! The colours are beautiful and the pearlescent sheen is the icing on the cake so to speak lol. Hope your energy returns soon I want to see some more of ur fab cards!!!
Rachael :) xxx

coops said...

hiya rachel.welcome back to blogland hun.your card is beautiful, i love the shape and flowers and gorgeous colours.
your friend will love this :D

xx coops xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...