Sunday 10 March 2013

Besotted with Clearly Besotted!! :)


Hello folks!! :)

I'm popping in today to share a card I made a few weeks ago with some simply gorgeous new stamps but will have to try and keep my waffle to a minimum as the reason I've been away so long is that I have had a major health crash along with a lot of stressful goings on and, though I am finally doing a bit better, I am still feeling pretty ropey and having to be careful I don't overdo things...

That being said, I simply couldn't wait any longer to share this card with you...


It is made using the simply beautiful Butterfly Wishes stamp set from Clearly Besotted Stamps... I am so so happy to have discovered CBS... their stamps are fantastic and there are dies to match too... I'm in crafty heaven!!lol


The first thing I did was to die cut a whole pile of butterflies and then had a lovely time stamping them out in almost every colour of ink I have... then I had a play with colour combos and decided I'd use these pinks I have never used on anything before and wouldn't have thought to put together normally... I love when something inspires me to try something different!! :)



Alongside discovering the company, I also discovered Stephanie's amazing blog and I guess I have been soaking in a lot from her cards as this card could have been cased directly from this one of hers- one of the many, many gorgeous cards she has over there... so thank you Stephanie for the amazing inspiration as well as gorgeous products!! :)


The sentiment is also from the Butterfly Wishes set with the extra 'sending you' from the other set I got at the same time, Warm Wishes :)


{The List}

White 5"x7" top-fold card blank plus extra for diecuts
Butterfly Wishes stamp set & matching dies and Warm Wishes stamp set from Clearly Besotted Stamps
VersaMagic chalk ink pads in Pixie Dust, Pink Petunia, Malted Mauve & Perfect Plumeria



I had so much fun making this card and plan to make more in other colour combos soon :) I have also already received my second order of lovely goodies from Stephanie and had little play with some of it (it was a big order and there are still so many more sets I'd love!!lol) for my mum's Mother's Day card which I will share as soon as I have energy to get the pics edited :)

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges: Addicted to CAS - Wings :) ; CAS-ual Fridays - Colour Blocks (I hope this fits!!) :) ; CAS on Sunday - Happy Birthday :) ; Joanna Sheen - Mum's the Word (a card for a special lady- this one will be going to my oldest friend for her birthday next week!!) :) ; Allsorts - Springtime :) ; Delicious Doodles - Use Diecuts :)

I'll be back just as soon as my health allows, until then- thanks for stopping by and for your comments!! Hope you're all keeping well and wrapped up warm!! :)


20 comments:

Wendy said...

So beautiful Rachel, love the design.
Wendy xx

Wendy L said...

Lovely card and those great butterflies are lovely, thanks for playing at Allsorts. xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Rachel. Thank you for playing along with the Addicted to CAS challenge.
Take care, Florence.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachell, how lovely to see you at ATCAS and with such a beautiiful card, the stamping and design is perfect and I love the dimension you have created with those beautiful butterflies. Thanks so much for playing and good luck.

Marie

coops said...

so stunning rachel.beautiful butterflies and i love your pretty colours.
take care hun.

xx coops xx

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE those colours, RAchel and your card design is very near perfect! Hope you soon feel much better and able to cope x

AJ said...

SO pretty- LOVE the butterflies popped up! thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, Rachel, I'm so sorry you've had a set back with your health. I hope you feel much better soon.

In the mean time, what a BEAUTIFUL card to leave us with!! Gorgeous colours and stamping.
xx

Unknown said...

Stunning make love the butterflies
Thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles

Kelly xx

Nancy said...

Your card is very pretty!!! Hope your feeling better soon and will be able to pay along again with CAS on Sunday real soon!

Crafting Vicky said...

This is soooo beautiful. Just love the pink butterflies. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty. Very feminine and dainty with all tthose butterflies. Love those colors too. Hope you are feeling a lot better soon.

Angie Tieman said...

What a gorgeous card! So creative to use the butterflies for your blocks of color! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

MagsB said...

Oh wow! Aren't these butterflies fabulous?!

love Mags B x

Leigh Ann Baird said...

What a beauty! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Stephanie said...

I am so happy that you are enjoying CB stamps - thank you so much! I'm sorry to hear you've had a tough time recently - hope things are getting better :) x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! I've been drooling over CB stapms for some time and can't wait to get my own...you're making me want to shop! ;)

Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sundays :)

thecraftycavalier said...

Ahh hun, this is just stunning. Fabulous colours and I love the cascading butterflies. Just perfect. I really hope that you start to feel much better soon - I too have M.E. and know that some months are just an uphill struggle. Take it easy! Thank you for sharing this with us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog, hugs, Jayne xx

Cazro said...

A very pretty card, which I believe is a true CAS card, well done. Your colour choices are fabulous, I bet you had a lot of fun making this card. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Clean and Simple - Wings. Caz

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Your cards are lovely, I like the colouring you do, its beautifully finished! I shall come again for more inspiration! TFS - Hugs always! Germaine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...