Friday 22 April 2011

Easter, Forever Friends and... Acetate?! :S


Hello again!! :)

Here I am, on the last minute again, with my LIM card for this week- which I finally had chance to make last night... now, I *really* don’t like acetate- I don’t like working with it and I don’t even like the way it looks quite often (though I suspect when I finally find time to visit a few more of you amazing LIMettes blogs I may, yet again, change my mind about this!!lol)- so this was a challenge in many ways, not least because when I finally had time to try making this, I realised I had no idea where the one small pack of acetate I bought ages ago actually was!! Then, once I found it, I was getting out my Nesties and bug plates when I realised that the idea I’d been intending to use since it occurred to me on Sunday would never have worked... any other challenge than LIM and I’d have given up long since, especially since I still haven’t finished my easter cards!! :S Anyway, a quick rethink and I decided on something simple, but did still manage to try something I hadn’t before with my acetate (granted that’s not so hard as I’ve only ever made one card using it before!!lol)...


I couldn’t afford to use energy on anything that wasn’t easter related again so I’ve had to work the two things in together and this will be my Mum’s card, I think, though her cards are usually more OTT than LIM so I hope she’ll like it!! :) I used another of the Forever Friends easter images I had already coloured on my desk that happily had the right sort of shape for my card and the new thing I tried with the acetate was to run it through my ‘bug to emboss it, which seemed to work okay, though the embossing didn’t seem as deep as I’d expected... Then, once the acetate was stuck inside my chopped up card blank, I just added some punched strips of paper to the top and bottom edges, attached my bears. I did this by the edges of the image where they overlapped the card only, initially so the glue wouldn’t show but it means they sit a little off the acetate too which looks better, I think ...and then I glittered with Stickles and Clear Stardust which made me feel a lot better about the whole thing!! :D


A closer look to try and show the embossing a bit better- the folder I used has random large dots as I thought it better not to try anything to detailed on quite flimsy feeling acetate but it really didn’t show up as much as I expected :S 

I’ve been very bad at not including a proper list if ‘ingredients’ lately- sorry about that, ‘must try harder’!! ;D So, I used:
  • 6”x6” blank
  • (The dreaded!lol) acetate
  • Quickutz Embossing Folder
  • Forever Friends Springtime Collection Clear stamp, stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa and coloured with ProMarkers: Ivory, Oatmeal, Vanilla and Sunkissed Pink for the bears with Rose Pink, Cool Greys and Lemon & Mustard for all the little bits :)
  • Forever Friends Springtime Collection papers
  • MS Cherish border punch
  • VersaMagic Chalk ink pads: Turquoise Gem and Aquatic Splash to edge papers and for greeting
  •  Greeting from FF Springtime stamp set
  • Crystal Stickles and Sakura Clear Stardust pen


Another attempt to get helpful a pic of the embossing- it either didn’t show up at all or, if I moved the camera a millimetre too much, all I could see was glare from my light!! :S 

So, all in all, I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it either- think that’s probably as good as it’s going to get!!lol It’s really not very interesting (maybe I should’ve put a bit of coloured paper or embossed card behind the acetate on the inside back of the card- I’ve just been over to LIM and seen that Mandi did that to great effect!!) but it's the best I could do given the way I’ve been feeling and the amount of other little easter cards I’ve been trying to make this week!! :S And, despite all that sounding like one long moan, I am actually feeling pretty good about that, for all the things that could have stopped me, I will still be able to say I've not missed a LIM yet!! :) It's really doing wonders for my cardmaking and blogging confidence to have made a card each week even when I've not been feeling too good and the challenges are things that would have put me off ordinarily- I'm learning a lot and (mostly!!lol) loving every minute!! :)

I’d like to enter this in the following challenges (as well as LIM, of course! :) ) : Bows and Berries – Easter :) ; Dream Valley – Easter :) ; Craft Your Days Away – Easter :) ; Little Claire's - Animals :)
Thanks for stopping by and a huge thank you again for all the really lovely comments I’ve had on recently!! :) Hope you’re all well and have a very enjoyable long weekend- can’t believe we’ve still got this glorious weather!! :)


hugs,

28 comments:

Chrissie said...

Rachel this is lovely and we take it as a great compliment that so many LIMettes have taken up the challenges at 'Less is More' when in ordinary circumstances they just wouldn't have bothered. SO thank you so much for entering a challenge which you found more than a little daunting.
It really was worth it, your card is super!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

val090 said...

A fantastic card

Kathyk said...

This is just so cute and topical - Happy Easter

Kathyk

TAM said...

I love it - those bears are super cute

Suze Bain said...

Great card Rachel. Super image and the borders frame it beautifully. x

Lesley said...

what a lovely card! L x

Shobana said...

Cho chweet! LOVE those cute bears! Super effort! :)

Delphine said...

Ooh I love your card, Rachel! I love the design and how you have used the acetate, love the image and punched border, I love it all! Hugs Delphine xx

Vicky said...

Wow Rachel...I love it hun!..super image and gorgeous layout too sweetie..

have a lovely weekend..hugs Vicky xx

Mandi said...

FABBY card Rachel
Echoing Chrissie's thanks also We so appreciate the support of our wonderful LIMettes
SEe you again, new challenge tomorrow!
mandi
Less is More

Mary J said...

Hello Rachel honey! It's such a pleasure coming to visit you - what a beautiful card! So clever! I might have to steal, I mean case this!! ;)

Lynne said...

This is a fabby card. Love those cute bears.
Lynne xxx

Caroljenks said...

Well I LOVE it! Gorgeous!

Carol x

coops said...

well i love it rachel.the little ff bears are so cute and the acetate strip looks fantastic :D

xx coops xx

Jenny said...

Such a sweet card, great use of acetate.
Jenny x

G Peplow said...

Absolutely worth all the effort! This is a very lovely card, I hope you mum likes it too, I'm sure she will it's great:0) xxx

Gill McCall said...

what a cute easter card - thanks for joining us at B&B this week

Carole of Brum said...

Hiya Rachel, isnt it great when you love a challenge so much that you push yourself to get round your initial aversion to the theme? I think you made a great card, and if your mum likes OTT, your thin coloured borders have just enough detail and decoration. Did you plan the depth of the acetate? I love how the bunny's ear just overlaps the top of the acetate, that's perfect! Hope you get a bit more energy and feel better, although it's great that you feel so good in yourself. have a good easter weekend. coB

Anonymous said...

Well I think you've done a fab job with the acetate. And that image is just so cute! Thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley this week. xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card and I love what you've done with the acetate (I had a go at the LIM challenge myself too!)

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

Helen x

Alexeya said...

This is really effective, love the window! Thanks for joining in at B&B.
Nicola, DT x

ike said...

That's a FAB card Rachel. I hope you had a good Easter.
Pop over to my Blog as there is an Award for you there. :-D
http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com/

Ike xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Fabulous card Rachel, love all your attention to detail. I would have probably plastered the back of the images in glue and then worried about getting it off the acetate afterwards. Take Care and en

Pink Dandelion said...

oops pressed enter before I had finished. Meant to say enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday weekend. Debs xx

Amanda said...

Lovely card, the stripe of acetate is great - thanks for joining in with our Easter challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

Heike said...

This is a cute card.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire for our fortnightly challenge.

Teresa said...

Hi Rachel, a beautiful card and a top 3 winner over at Dream valley, congrats! Hugs Teresa xx

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Rachel love this card it's so darn gorgeous!! i am now following you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...