Monday 18 April 2011

Pink and Pretty – Inspiration Photo at My Partner In Crafting Crime :)

Hello again!! :)


Wow- it’s time for another challenge over at My Partner In Crafting Crime... I can’t believe two weeks have passed since my last (& first) post!! There were sooo many entries and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting so many new blogs!! :) But onto this fortnight’s challenge, which is a gorgeous Inspiration Photo to kick start your creative mojo:

Photo from Wedding Dream website

 ...is that not gorgeous- you can take anything from the pic that you like... the colours, floral or wedding themes... so many options!! :) I took a little of everything... and then went a bit of piste to try something other than a card :)


My first thought on seeing the photo was to use the FF bear with Tulips stamp I got in a sale earlier this year, then I remembered the LOTV Wedding Couple stamp I won from a magazine last Autumn then never got round to using as Christmas cards kind of took over... so I was feeling all confused about what kind of card to make... then the idea of a little set of candles that would allow me to use both images occurred and the rest, as they say, was history, especially as I’ve been wanting to try decorating a candle since I first saw it on Create & Craft (again just when Christmas took over)!! :) 


I stamped the images onto tissue paper I’d saved from some packaging and then coloured with Promarkers... my first little tests didn’t come out great as they looked very pale so I went over everything at least twice to get a stronger colour but it’s so easy to colour on the tissue paper that that still took less time than normal :) Then I trimmed them out and used my heat tool with some baking parchment (scavenged from the kitchen drawers- thanks Mum!!lol) to melt them in- again, much quicker than I expected- and decorated around the base!! :)


The gorgeous sentiment stamp is from Stampendous- love this so much and it fitted the shape of the couple well!! :)


I punched two strips of paper with my MS Doily Lace punch and inked lightly at the edge with Spun Sugar DI then stuck it to the candle- I wasn’t sure what to stick it on with but went for a mix of normal double-sided tape and the extra sticky red-backed type I use for attaching ribbon and big gems. Then for a bit more colour I added some satin ribbon over that with the join at the front so the raw edges would be hidden under the paper rose cluster... slightly more complicated when your projects got to be presentable all around, isn’t it?!lol I then added some Stardust Stickles to the rose and some Sakura stardust to her flowers :)


I decided not to go overboard with extra decoration on these little candles as I thought they look cute as they were. In the Wedding context I thought they might make a pretty little extra gift to any bridesmaids... thought about making one with the bear with a champagne glass for the male part of the wedding contingent but figured they probably wouldn’t be appreciated anyway so I’d stick to the pink!!lol Not having any bridesmaids to give these to, I think they’ll be making nice little easter extras for friends who can't have chocolate instead!! :)

I’d like to enter my candle set in the following challenges (if there are any that only want card/papercraft entries then please just delete my entry, it’s not always easy to be sure what’s allowed!!): OSCC – Altered Item :) ; Ellephantastic – Anything but a Square of Rectangle :) ; Charisma Cardz – Pink, Black and Green (the black is my ink if that’s okay) :) ; Paper Romance – Paper Flowers :) ; DYSU – Scallops (my paper layers) :) ; Crafts and Me – Ribbon :) ; Oldie But A Goodie – Weddings/Anniversaries (my LOTV stamp is 6mnths old though it’s never been used) :) ; Top Tip Tuesday – Spring Has Sprung (the flowers, esp. the tulips) :) ; Crafty Cardmakers - A Royal Wedding (Red, White & Blue or Wedding Themed creation) :) ; Lexi's Creations - Anything But A Card :)

Well, I hope you like my little deviation from cardmaking and please do pop over to My Partner In Crafting Crime to check out the rest of the fab DT makes... hope you’ll be inspired by that gorgeous photo to join in and be in with a chance of winning a fab prize from Bows and Berries Digital stamps store!! :)

Hope you're all well and had a lovely weekend enjoying the sunshine (we still  have it today and it's lovely and warm already!! :D )- and thank you for all your comments on my latest posts!! :)



hugs,

23 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Rachel this is beautiful absolutely gorjuss well done and thanks for joining us at CCM this week
Jacki xx

Vixykins said...

Fantastic creations Rachel and challenging yourself to use new stash and techniques, well done hunny, fab entry to Crafty Cardmakers x

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful candles .. so pretty
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie
Lisa x

fairysparkle said...

Stunning ,cute and i want one .x

Robin said...

These turned out so fantastic!!! Bet you are glad you tried!!
Robin

WencheP said...

Beautiful and very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Rachael said...

Wow brilliant idea Rach. I saw this on C+C too but have never got round to doing it!
Love the LOTV candle with the flowers and ribbon - beautiful.
Hope youre good! Rachael :) xx

Christina said...

That looks really gorgeous Rachel!!
Hugs Kristel

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Rachel..such beautiful creations hun...!

hugs Vicky xx

Shelby Goolsby said...

These turned out beautifully!! Love the pretty roses you added. Hugs, Shelby

coops said...

wow these are beautiful rachel.i love the images you`ve used :D

xx coops xx

Peggysue said...

The candles are beautiful! Thank you for joining our Scallop challenge at DYSU. Good luck!

lalkygirl said...

stunning candles,i love the wedding one ,so pretty and such a lovely idea,thanks forjoining us at lexis and good luck
tracey x

Helen Laurence said...

Wowee these are just stunning. Thank you for joining Ellephantastic Challenges this month. Hugs Helen x x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Rachel, what gorgeous candles. I love the images and embellishments you've used. Thanks so much for taking part in my colour challenge over at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

gillyflower said...

wow these candles are beautiful
will just have to have a go at this
thanks for taking part in our challenge at crafty cardmakers and come back and play again soon
gill x

Crafteezee said...

Hi Rachel, love how you have challenged yourself and the results are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

Carole of Brum said...

Hiya Rachel, these are beautiful! Saw them over on the challenge blog first, then came over here. Just the right amount of decoration on that tall candle too, the single flower is nice and tasteful. See, I'd have gone too far and put too much on! Thanks for your great comments on my cards, yes I think those Make It Colourful challenges have indeed inspired me every week, like you say with you and your LIM. Nice to feel that you've found a niche for yourself, isnt it? Hope your week is going well and that you've enough energy to keep working like this. CoB

Cheryl said...

Your candles are gorgeous!



~Cheryl~


**Check out my Meljen’s Designs blog candy!**

Lin said...

Rachel what a gorgeous ensemble! Post word, lol

Your candles are really beautiful and what a fabulous Wedding Gift they would make. They would also be a gorgeous addition to decorating the tables at a wedding!

Thanks so much for joining in with our Wedding Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Hope to see you back next fortnight and in the meantime over on our Spotlight blog.

Lin xx

Jill said...

Fab candle decoration! Love it! Thanks for sharing at Ellephantastic this month. Jill

Val said...

This is stunning - I loveit, and a very beautiful image. Thanks so much for joining OSCC. Hope to see you again.
Hugs
Valxx

Feebsy said...

Wow these candles are just stunning. I'm sure any couple who received these would treasure them.

Feebsy
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...