Saturday 16 October 2010

Sepia Christmas

Hey!! :)

I have a few cards waiting to be blogged but I’ve been as busy as energy’s allowed this week with making my Gran’s 80th card – a bit of an epic and coming soon, so watch this space!!lol :) – so I’ve not got around to it... hopefully I’ll manage a few quick posts in the next week to catch up!! :)

Today’s has jumped the queue as I actually only made it last night but I wanted to share it as it’s something quite different for me and I’d love to know what you all think...

I spent yesterday trying to put together a few quick and simple cards for my mum to take to a Table Sale at her church today; they were mostly from Decoupage packs and my mum had made up the decoupage already while I was working on Gran's card, so I was just making up the cards around the images, but my head gets so bunged up with looking at all the different papers (which half the time don’t seem to match the images they came with :S ) that I really needed to do something to clear out the fug... and, while I was having a much needed rest, this idea came to me, so I dug out my stamps to have a play- and it worked a treat to blow the cobwebs away!! :)


The image is one of the LOTV stamps I got in the second Christmas release and hadn’t got round to inking up yet :) I stamped it in Versafine Sepia and then watercoloured it with Distress Inks Vintage Photo, Antique Linen and a touch of Tattered Rose for the faces :) Now, I know the colouring leaves rather a lot to be desired but, in my defence, it’s a long time since I’ve watercoloured and I’ve never done it with DIs plus, I was in a stupid kind of hurry to get things finished and in their bags for mum to take!! :S So, it’s definitely a case of ‘Could do better’ but, all in all, I was fairly happy with how it came out for a first try and I will be getting more practice as I really enjoyed doing it- very relaxing and simple with just those few colours!! :)


I inked the edge with the Sepia ink straight from the pad and added the ribbon, which is coloured with Cinnamon Promarker. I had been planning to mat it onto some gold card but, when I held it against the cream card blank I just loved it as it was (which was perfect given the rush I was in!!), so simple- I’m loving the CAS style at the mo’, aesthetically and in terms of making things easier energy/time wise. It’s not often that I can so happily blend my low energy with an end result I like!! :) To finish, I just added a little Platinum Stickles (I finally branched out from Crystal and got myself a few other colours and I’m loving this one!!) and a few touches of Sakura Clear Stardust on the lamp, and the girl’s scarf, though you can’t really make it out in the pic!! The greeting is from a Woodware Clear Set and stamped in the Sepia ink again :) I have no idea why the two photos should come out looking such totally different colours despite all my attempts to correct them- I think the reality is probably fairly well in the middle of the two!! :S

I’d like to enter this card in the following challenges: Winter Wonderland – Make It Vintage :) ; My Partner In Crafting Crime - Shine on you crazy diamond... :) and Papertake Weekly – Three of a Kind (I used three colours of DI) :)

Thanks for popping by- I hope you’re all having a good weekend!! My mum should be back soon from the table sale so I’ll find out what, if anything, has sold soon- I’m not holding my breath as she texted to say it’d been a bit slow going earlier... :S Ah, well, I had fun making this card at least!! :) See you soon with another card, I hope!! :)

hugs,

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

OMG! This is fantastic! I LOVE it!
Linds x

Little K Smith said...

Aaaww love this Rachel! A gorgeous image and love the colours and simple layout! So timeless and elegant!
Kelly.x

sparklingblackrose said...

I love it honey, well done :-)

coops said...

wow rachel.this is absolutely fantastic hun.gorgeous image and i love your sepia colouring.stunning cas layout too :D

xx coops xx

Rachael said...

There is absoloutely NOTHING wrong with the colouring!!! Fab card
Have a good day
Rachael :)

downrightcrafty said...

This is such a simple but classy, stylish and elegant card and fabulous colouring - a total stunner thank you for sharing and playing along with us at Winter Wonderland this week, hope you will join us again for the next challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Carol Ric said...

Super cute!

Robin said...

Love you vintage colouring... great image! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Rymyrinsessa said...

Love this card! <3

pickle said...

Gorgeous xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...