Friday 24 December 2010

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas...with a birthday card!! :D

Evening all and a very Happy Christmas Eve to you!! :)

Well, I had a feeling I wouldn't keep that pace of posting up all week but I'm back and, in typically contrary fashion, I actually have a birthday card to show you tonight on Christmas Eve!! :) My lovely mum’s birthday was on the 22nd- gets kinda hectic this time of year around here!! ;) – and this is the card I made for her... and, miracle of miracles, it was actually finished the night before her birthday for once!! :)


Now, before you start scratching your heads and thinking I’ve gone mad- I know it’s technically a Christmas stamp but my mum loves rabbits (she had one as a toy all through her childhood and infact it’s still in a cupboard somewhere!! :) ) and also, she’s always telling me that not all Christmas stamps are exclusively for Christmas and could be used for winter birthdays, too (I think she may be trying to get me to buy less stuff but that kind of thing goes in one ear and out the other, I’m afraid!! Hehe!!) so I took her at her word!! :)


I used:

• Gorgeous LOTV Christmas Bunnies Stamp
• Promarkers and Prismas to colour- PMs on the image with Prismas to finish and Prismas for the sky – I was trying to emulate (from memory) the scene featuring this image in the LOV Cute Squares collection, think mine came out a bit more purple but mum loves purple as much as me so that’s okay!! :)
• Papers from: Basic Grey’s ‘Kioshi’ pad (the purples) and a jumbo My Mind’s Eye pad called ‘So Delightful’ (the teals) which I got from QVC and love, love, love the colour and pattern on this one :)
• Milled Lavender and Broken China DIs and Tim Holtz Tool to lightly distress the paper, image panel and sentiment
• Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die
• Crystal Stickles
• 8mm and 4mm pearls
• Grossgrain Ribbon - in just the right purples, thankfully!!
• One of my Digi Sentiment Rounds personalised to say ‘mum’





And some close-ups of the details including the goregeous paper and new flowers :)

I’d like to enter this in the following Challenges: Sketch & Stash 51 – Your Choice – I chose Sketch #48 and my new stash is the LOTV stamp, MME papers and TH Tattered Florals Die :) ; Totally Gorjuss – For Someone Special :) ; I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes :)

OOOPS!!! Edited to include the Sketch I used, which I forgot :/ Didn't really have a clue beyond the image I wanted to use before I saw this a few hours before making the card so it's kind of an important component!! :)


Right, I shall go and link those up then back to the frantic last minute Xmas stuff for me- I still have my mum’s card to make amongst a host of other things!! :/ Have been busy making some last minute cards and gifts today but just really needed to lie back with a cuppa and rest up a bit (my mind is in overdrive but my body is flagging just a tad!!lol) so this seemed a good way to make it happen and share something else with you all to tide the blog over Xmas!! :)

I hope you are all well and looking forward to tomorrow- I wish you all a very Happy Christmas Time, however and with whomever you are spending it!! :) :) And let’s hope Santa’s been frequenting a few craft shops (or making use of t’internet like me!! ;) ) and brings us all lots of lovely goodies to make our cards and bloghopping even more fun in the new year!! :)

Much love and thanks to you all for the wonderful welcome into blogland you’ve shown me this year and all your inspiration and encouragement along the way- it’s been so much fun already,

hugs,

7 comments:

Kat said...

This is lovely, that is such a sweet image. I'm sure your Mum loved it.

Have a lovely Christmas and thanks for joining us at TG.

Kat x

Sue said...

awwww such a lovely card,really really sweet image,i think i NEED this one and so beautifully put together...love it:)

Thank you for joining us at sketch and stash and wishing you a merry christmas

sue
xx

Lizzy said...

A really beautiful card, such a sweet image...great take on the sketch.

Thanks for joining us at sketch & stash ...good luck!

xx Lizzy xx :)

Rachael said...

Merry Christmas Rachel! Hope you have had a good day! I think Im gonna try to make some of ur papers when I get some time to play about. Lovely card - love how uv used a winter/christmas stamp for a winter birthday card - good thiking ;)
Enjoy the rest of your Christmas
Love Rachael xx

Karen said...

Really lovely Rachel,t hanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Rachel great take on the sketch and I love how you've used the ribbon thanks for joining us at Sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

katesacraftybugger said...

as such a cute card ,thanks for joining in our challenge at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...