Thursday 16 December 2010

Christmas for a twelve year old boy...eeek!! ;)

Hello!! :)

Another quickie post today- I’m feeling a little better (remarkably so given the inevitable over-doing things birthdays tend to bring!! :D) but still utterly worn out and trying to catch-up after getting so little done for so long...not a good combination for someone with M.E.!! :S This is absolutely the worst time of year for anyone, let alone a crafter, to lose more than a week of working time!! :/ Still, I’ve managed to make it to my desk for long enough to get a few of the images I coloured in bed last week made into cards and this is one of them:


It’s actually for an order from a friend- she asked for quite a few a while back but with one thing and another they’re still waiting to be finished so are having to take precedence over my own cards- at the moment I still have a panic-inducingly small pile of those! :S Anyway, this one is for her 12yr old nephew...so my lovely, adorable LOTV stamps were out then!! :(


I altered a couple of my own Digi Papers to make the brighter colour-scheme I wanted, then distressed them by scrunching and with the TH tool before inking with Stormy Sky DI- another new colour which I love, love, love!! :) The greeting is cut from white card on my (shamefully, much neglected but I’m trying to put that right! :S) Cricut with the George and Basic Shapes cartridge and then the letters coloured with Ruby PM and a little Stormy Sky on top to mute the colour a little :) A little Xmas Red Stickles on the letters and stripes and some white card candy coloured with the PM (how much mess did I make of my hands doing that!! Looked like I’d tried putting my fingers through a mincer!!lol) and I was done!! Simple!! :)

I’d like to enter this in the following challenges: Keep It Simple – Season’s Greetings :) ; Cards For Men – Christmas Theme (Card Category) :) I hope it's okay to enter the challenge and not do the bloghop anyway?! I simply don't heve the energy for bloghops, especially atm but generally tbh, so usually can't enter any challenge where they're complsory!! :[

Hope everyone’s alright at the mo and not getting snowed on again yet... it's actually chucking it down with rain here atm but I just really hope it holds off with the snow ‘til after Christmas at least, though I don’t think there’s much chance of staying warm at all!! :S Did get my wish of it being warmer for my birthday on Saturday, though, so s’pose I shouldn’t complain too much!! ;) I had a lovely day and got a fair few crafty pressies and gorgeous cards from crafty friends as well as the Prismacolors I treated myself to in anticipation of some money I knew I’d be getting arriving in the morning- a tad cheeky of me, I know, but I’ve had my eye on them for a long time and wanted to make sure I got them before Christmas!! :D Have been having a little play a bit over the last couple of days and am loving them so far- should have a card to show you soon!! :)

hugs,

7 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Wow fabulous card love the papers and the cut out words. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge and bloghop. With hugs Shirleyxxx

Vicky said...

Fantastic card Rachel!, love cut out words and fab papers!
hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

this is fabulous rachel.i love the masculine colours and papers and fab distressing :D

xx coops xx

Mandy said...

Wonderful card...Love the colours and the sentiment being the main feature...Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men....
Mandy xx

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Rachel! Looks great!
Hugs Kristel

Mandi said...

Great card Rachel, very striking
Thanks for joining us at KIS this week

mandi x

Patricia St Martin said...

I do like you christmas card. You did a wonderful job. Thanks for joining us for our Blog Hop and our 1 year Anniversary at Cards for Men. Good Luck on all the prizes and the challenges.
Hugs, Patricia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...