Saturday 22 May 2010

To get things started...

This is from a couple of weeks ago but I wanted to put something up on here until I manage to finish (okay start!) the card I've been meant to be making for a week- bad case of crafter's block...only, instead of having no ideas, I think I have too many all floating around in a jumble in my head and I just can't seem to decide what to do or how to combine them!!lol



So this was my first ever challenge card made for a couple of challenges over on Docrafts (a sketch and an FF card using green and yellow plus ribbon and buttons- I don't have any buttons apparently :S) having just discovered the world of challenges and blogs through DC, I really had to have a go when the insipration for this combination card hit! I don't think I managed to stick exactly to the challenge briefs but the card was definitely insipered by them and came out quite differently from my usual cards as a result! I'm loving playing with my new Cut and Dry Foam at the moment so most things are getting inked edges somwhere or other!! I also seem to be slightly obsessed with Forever Friends atm!! :)


The border is stamped directly onto the base card with a Woodware clear stamp set (can't remember the name, had them for years and never used them til I saw some lovely cards another blogger had made with them :) ) and I used the same chalk inkpad with Cut and Dry Foam to ink the edges. The label shapes are Nesties and the paper is from the K&Co Daisy pad. I inked the edges with the same pad to tie it all in and then layered them with the ribbon. The FF image is stamped in brown ink to tone in and coloured with Papermania/Whispers pens, using the tip of the same green cats-eye inkpad to colour the vase (masking the bear with scrap paper to save too many disastrous smudges!). The sentiment is from Woodware Wedding Words clear stamp set. As a final touch, I used just a little bit of Sakura Clear Stardust on the centres of the flowers...becuase I just didn't seem able to call it finished without any glitter at all!!
Thanks for looking and I hope you'll like it! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...