Thursday 22 September 2011

White Wedding...

Hello again!! :)

Thought I’d just pop back in for a flying post as I wanted to add another card to the Less Is More 1000 entries effort and not sure I'll get another chance this week if I don't do it now- despite needing my bed!!lol :) So, this is a very quick and simple card made a few weeks back when my mum found she needed a wedding card in a hurry...



The stamp is one I’ve had for a while but not got around to using- after searching high and low for it online as well!!lol A few scraps of card, some embossing powder and a bit of white organza ribbon- organza is so perfect for weddings!! :) – and I was pretty much there!! :)



No colouring to keep it quick- I don’t think this stamp really needs colouring, though, which is even better!! :) Good job I never remember how hard shiny surfaces are to photograph when I'm making my cards, though, or I'd never use pearl/satin/mirri etc. which would be a shame- sorry about this pic!! :S


I had the idea to twirl the ribbon rather than leave it straight as I just fancied a change at the time but I think it looks pretty, especially as the edging shows through the sheer main part!! :) Shame I’ve not remembered to do it again since!!lol


The pearls seemed to balance the design with a bit of dimension on the plainer side of the card- thankfully!!lol


I used:

  • 6”x6” hammered finish card blank
  • Scraps of white pearlescent and silver textured card
  • Nestie Labels 1 Die
  • Stamps: Bride & Groom and ‘Mr & Mrs’ wooden stamps by Stampendous; ‘On Your Wedding Day’ from LOTV rubber stamp sheet and swirl (beside couple) LOTV Clear Additions
  • Versamark ink and silver glitter Embossing Powder
  • MS Cherish border punch
  • White Organza ribbon
  • Silver Flat-backed Pearls



I’d like to enter this in the following challenges (in addition to LIM’s Anything Goes :) ) : Truly Scrumptious – CAS :) ; Totally Papercrafts – Clean and Simples :) ; Creative Inspirations – Let’s Celebrate :)

Thanks for stopping by again and thanks for the comments on my last post!! :) Maybe sometime I’ll actually get around to showing you the cards I’ve been planning to for the last week or three... in the meantime, I hope you have a great end to your week!! :)

Ooh, almost forgot- what do you think of the new look blog?! I discovered the fabulous Background Fairy and Graphics Fairy blogs a few months ago- go and have a look, there are so many great Vintage images and all free!! :) - and used a background and elements from there in combination with some elements from my graphics program (Serif) and some of my own Nestie-style shapes to put it all together as I just wanted to play and see what I could do- as well as liking the idea of having something unique for my blog!! :) It's just taken me 'til now to feel like putting it all up!! :) There are a few things I already think I'd do differently another time... but I'm not wasting all that work!!lol 





13 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi Rachel, your card is stunning l would love to recieve this if it was my wedding its just adorable :) Sandra H

Chrissie said...

This looks really trendy!
Super card!
Thanks so much for helping in our attempt at 1000 entries to our challenge this week.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

FAB card RAchel. I've had this stamp for years, never embossed it, looks good!

Thank you for your participation to our 1000 entries challenge
Mandi
LIM

sara said...

lovely card very elegant thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
hugs sara x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Rachel, I love the silver embossing, very simple and stylish design :-)

thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

sparklingblackrose said...

Gorgeous creation honey :-) I love your new blog too :-)) Elaine-xxx-

Christina said...

This is really beautiful Rachel!!
Hugs Kristel

coops said...

this is stunning rachel.really classy and elegant :D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

So gorgeous hun....

thanks for joining us at tpc....and good luck...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Carole of Brum said...

Hiya Rachel, d'ya know I thought your blog looked different when I logged in to it, but one of the joys of M.E. brain fog is you never know if you've seen something before and just forgotten about it!!! he hee. Anyway, looks fab, and I've been wanting to overhaul my little blogspace along the same lines. Will have to wait till I get more energy though.

The card is super....white and silver are so elegant for weddings and I like your idea of twirling the ribbon, nice extra little touch that is.

Hope you are keeping well as poss.....hey I even managed to get out of the house myself today and went out for dinner. It was even worth the next few days in bed too, had a smashing time, quiet but smashing (happy face). CoB

Shell said...

Gorjuss Rachel, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Shell xx

Carole of Brum said...

Hey Rachel, just a quickie to say bless you for your lovely and supportive message. I'm OK today so far, it tends to be the day AFTER the day after that the kickback hits, so I'm expecting to be stuck in bed tomorrow. Then again, sometimes I'm lucky and get away lightly, so fingers crossed. Sorry you are so foggy today, it's pants isn't it? Big, gentle, quiet hugs for you. CoB

Mandy said...

Beautiful card,lovely image and I like the way you have twisted the ribbon....thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious,hope to see you next time...
Mandy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...