Sunday 18 September 2011

Gorjuss in Purples :)

Hello!! :)

Well, I didn’t get back here as quickly as I’d planned again as I just didn’t have the spare energy last week as I was busy trying to get an ordered Wedding card ready for today- took a bit longer than expected on way and another but worth it in the end, I think, and I’ll share it sometime soonish!! :) I did have another couple of cards I in line to share next but this one has sneaked its way in early as I thought it was a perfect contribution to Chrissie and Mandi’s  attempt to get 1000 entries to one challenge over at Less Is More this week!! :) I’ve not been able to enter over there for a long time- which has made me sad as I was so enjoying it and proud of entering every week in the beginning, but my health has a mind of its own on that one at the mo’... Anyway, I couldn’t but respond to Lady and Diva LIM’s appeal for entries, especially with an Anything Goes theme to make it nice and easy!! :)


I coloured this Gorjuss image last week as my first entry into a MiC challenge- I’ve never been brave enough to enter before as the standard is so high but last week’s was Colour with Purple, which- aside from being an easier first go than merging images or colouring a sunset!! ;) – is my fav colour and one I’ve had major problems with my PMs despite now having every purple PM there is!! :S Seemed to go a bit better this time, though- possibly as I used a different type of card, will have to experiment with that more, I think!! :) And I made it into a really simple card with some inked edges, seam binding and teeny gems- not sure if it’ll be a Christmas or winter birthday card yet so I’ll add a sentiment when I know!!lol Need to keep my options open as my stash of spare cards, so helped by all my LIM inspired entries earlier in the year, has been very depleted by having to raid it so often when not well enough to make these last few months!! :S Just glad they were there when I needed them, though!! :)


And a close up of the image- my camera hates purple and this was the shot I could get closest to the true colour with (warmer and pinker than it looks), so apologies for the incredibly uninventive framing!!lol I really like these deep purples so, if I can get them to work and blend again next time, I’ll definitely be using them more!! :) I used Blue Greys on the hair and fox as I thought this would tone better with the Purples... but the fox looked weird so I added some pale purple... and it still looked weird... so I gave up!!lol


The List...

·     DL white card blank
·         Gorjuss Girl ‘Foxy’ image from Sugar Nellie stamped in Memento
·         Coloured with: Clothes- PMs- Mulberry and Plum, Fuchsia Pink and Mulberry; Skin- PMs- Almond, Satin, Blush and Pale Pink; Hair- Spectrum Noirs- Black, Blue Grey 1 & 5; Fox- Spectrum Noirs- BG1 & 5 and PMs- Lavender, Lilac and CG1
·         Sakura Clear Stardust
·         Dusty Concorde DI (edges)
·         Anita’s 2mm Gems
·         Seam Binding


Thanks for looking and for any comment and also for all the comments on my last cards!! :) Hope to be back before too long with another card- have a good week in the meantime!! :)





9 comments:

Chrissie said...

Great to see you again Rachel with this fab card, your colouring is superb!
Thanks so much for helping us in our attempt at 1000 submissions this week!
Chrissie
"Less is more"

Pink Dandelion said...

Lovely to see you posting again Rachel, love this card, the purples are so rich and your fox doesn't look weird at all. Hugs Debs xx

Christina said...

That is a really stunning card Rachel!
Hugs Kristel

Jan said...

Such a pretty card xx Jan

Sandra H said...

This is a beautiful card love the image and the colouring !:) Sandra H

Penny said...

I think your colouring is great, love the rich purples and the ribbon too. I too have ME by the way, totally get sometimes having the will but not the energy to craft ;)

Carole of Brum said...

Hiya Rachel, I was really happy to see you in the MiC challenge, lovely to have you join us, petal, and was further glad to see you doing one of your LIMs. And a fabulous entry too, you did great with those purples. Yes, the paper you colour on makes a big difference to your blending, so it pays to try a few different ones out. Have a good week :) CoB

coops said...

stunning card rachel.i love the cas design and the gg girl is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Mandi said...

Stunning, beautiful colouring
Thank you!
Your entering our 1000 target this week is very much appreciated

Mandi
"Less is More"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...