Sunday 8 August 2010

Out of my comfort zone...with a few of my favourite things...

Hello!! :)

Well, I'm finally able to show you a card I expected to be posting days ago...the reason the card's taken so long is that I woke up on Tuesday morning- excited to make a card with the image I'd coloured the night before!!- to find I had a shooting pain in my wrist whenever I tried to move/do anything with my hand :( Annoyingly, as I rely on my hands/arms for extra support just to move around the house, I thought I probably shouldn't aggravate it any the more by trying to craft :S But it was slightly better yesterday so, with my lovely mum's help with the punching and other more difficult bits, I had a go at last :)


It's inspired by another selection of Challenges including a recipe which asked for yellow and/or orange as the main colours and one which wanted only two colours to be used and I thought I'd combine the two and use some new stamps I just got :) I'm not quite sure about the finished result- I like it a lot more now than I did when I finished it last evening but that's not saying much!! ;) - not sure if that's really because the card's no good or just because the colours are so far from my comfort zone that I can't see past them, though!?! I guess it's good to experiment every so often though- even if it does only confirm that you don't like/can't do something!! ;)


The Image is from my new Aspects of Design by Kay Carley 'Funky Flowers' set which I've been wanting for ages and finally treated myself to :) :) It's stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa and coloured with Promarkers- the first time my blending went the way I'd imagined it would!! yay!! :) - Canary Yellow, Honeycomb and Bright Orange with Lime Zest and Pear Green for the leaves :) I used a corner punch on the panel and the dragged a Vesramark pad around the edges to get a more defined line when I then chalked the panel to take the edge off the white card :) The greeting (from Woodware Tiny Greetings set) is stamped in Versamark and chalked :)


I used the co-ordinating stamps on the strip of orange paper with Versamark and chalk again and also edged all the papers with Versamark and chalk, too- the dotty background piece is My Mind's Eye Pretty Please :) I used a the Doily Lace MS punch and some paper lace, coloured with PMs Canary and Pastel Yellow, for another challenge :)

I added the butterflies- at the last minute as nearly forgot they were part of the recipe!!- and some gems and then the finishing touch was, as usual lately, some glitter glue on all the flowers and the lace border :)

I'm entering this in the following challenges, which inspired the card in the first place: The Stampman - Take Two Colours (I hope it's okay anyway- the green was on the page before I realised!! o_o ) :) ; Crafty Cardmakers - Joy's Recipe (think I've got everything!!) :) ; Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight - Punches :) ; and Wild Orchid - Lace :) And, as it also fits these: Craft Your Days Away's first challenge - Favourite Things (my absolute favourite thing is stamping but I also love flowers, inking edges, glitter glue and my MS punches!! :D ) :) and One Stop Crafts - Summer Fun :)

I'm off to link those up now and then give my wrist (and the rest of me!!) a rest but hope you've all had a lovely weekend!! :) Hopefully my hand will let me get cracking on another card soon- I'm in trouble if not as I'm a bit behind after a week of getting nothing done!! :{ Ohh, before I go- if anybody knows of any Xmas Challenges I'd really love if you could let me know? I've been looking around for more inspiration but have only discovered a few so far!! :)

(Edited a few hours later to add a challenge I forgot- I knew there was something!! Guess that's what I get for being so close to one of the deadlines and rushing like a mad thing!!lol)

hugs,

12 comments:

Val said...

Hi Rachel - this is very pretty - I love the colours - so summery - and way you have co-ordinated everything. The details are beautiful. Thanks for joining OSCC. Come back soon.

Hugs
Valxx

coops said...

this is really stunning rachel.i love these colours, so summery and zingy :)
your new stamp is fab and great colouring.i love the punched edges and layout.
good luck in the challenges and i hope your wrist is better soon :)

xx coops xx

Dazie said...

Well I can tell you I think this card is gorgeous and I love the colours very summery and warm! The image is brilliant and I love the way you have coloured it and also what you have done with the edges of your borders!

Thanks for joining us at craft your days away, I do hope you wrist is better soon!
Dazie
x

jackiescrafts said...

I love your card and the yellow and orange are some of my favourite colours so I think it's excellent

Thank you for joining in with our first challenge at CYDA

Jackie x

jackiescrafts said...

I love your card and the yellow and orange are 2 of my favourite colours
Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at CYDA

Jackie x

Carol Ann said...

Rachel this is such a pretty card I just love the Stamping and the way you have coloured it in and your butterfly just adds that finishing touch! Thanks for playing along at CYDA.
Carol Ann xx

Unknown said...

gorjuss summery card, well done and thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Shelley said...

This is such a lovely card, the colours and all the detail are great, thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is gorgeous I love the images and colours thank you for sharing this with us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Vixykins said...

How gorgeous Rachel! I too just treated myself to this stamp set too :)

Love the colours and layout, sorry to hear about your wrist, hope its a bit better now x

Thank you for playing Crafty Cardmakers & The Stampman challenges x

Jo Austin said...

This is lovely lovely lovely.

Thank you so much for playing along at the Stamp Man challenge.

Love Jo x

Cathy Spicer said...

GORGEOUS card!! Very summery. Thanks for playing at OSCC.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...