Monday 19 July 2010

Happy Bears...

Hi all!! :)

Well, it's not been a great week here for a variety of reasons so I'm going to try and do the impossible- for me!!- and keep this fairly brief as I should probably be resting or trying to catch up on other stuff...but I really wanted to post something as I've been missing blogland- amazing how quickly you get addicted, isn't it!?!- though I've still been popping by others to see all the amazing cards you've all been making, just not been upto commenting much!! :S

I'm going to show you the card I made for my Gran and Grandad's 59th - wow! :) :) - Wedding Anniversary a few days ago :) I got the idea for the interlocking front- the heart tucks in between the opposite side front of the card and the bears, which are attached at the outside edge only- from a Crafters' Companion show on Ideal/C&C last week and thought it'd work well with the stamp I wanted to use :)


The papers are from the Forever Friends With Love pad and the purple card for the heart is Gemstones pearlescent, both edged with Dusty Concord Distress after the heart was embossed with my Fantasy Floral C'bug folder. I put on several layers of Crystal Stickles over the embossing- or *de*bossing as it was the first time I'd used that folder and it seems to work the other way up to all my other folders :S Ah well, actually liked it more than the *em*bossed version in the end!! :) (It now has 'This way up!!' in bright pink Sharpie all over the back so I'll remember next time, though!! ;) )


The FF stamp is coloured with Whispers pens with waterbrushed Dusty Concord and a bit more Stickles for the present :) The greeting is from two Woodware Clear sets- Wedding Words and Family Christmas- all single words in the same font so v v useful!! :) Don't think I've missed anything out but I'm sure you wouldn't need me to explain anyway!! ;)

I'm not going to enter it in any challenges simply because I've not had the energy to find any or link them up if I did!! But I hope you'll like it- my Gran & Grandad did, I'm happy to say!! :) Seem to have completely lost my crafty mojo, though, after this week- not good for the cards I need to make or my sanity as it's usually crafting that keeps me going when nothing else does!! On the plus side, I did manage to make two- though I forgot to start with!!- so my plan to refill my boxes is still going okay for now!! :) Hope you all had a good weekend :)

hugs,

3 comments:

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous card Rachel, love the embossed purple heart, fab design and cute FF bears too.
Take care.
Kelly.x

coops said...

stunning card rachel, the ff bears are gorgeous and i love the hearts.
take it easy hun
xx coops xx

Jenny said...

You've been busy with all of these cards! I love your blog design header too x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...