Saturday 3 May 2014

Summer Butterfly... Sketch Saturday Week #308 :)


Hello!! :)


So... a while ago, Jen asked me if I would like to be a Guest Designer for the month of May over at Sketch Saturday... and- funnily enough!- I said 'Yes!!'... so here I am today very happily sharing my first GDT card using a fab sketch by Jen... which is also a birthday card for a wonderful and butterfly-loving crafty friend...


This is a simple card... just a piece of DP, one die cut butterfly and some vellum- with a touch of sparkle and a few pearls added, of course!!- but I was really pleased with how it came out... I have shied away from sketches recently but felt like my layouts were getting a bit stale, so I'm glad Jen's offer gave me a push to try something different :)


Told you there was 'a touch' of sparkle... the butterfly was cut from a glittered paper... but I still added several coats of amazing Wink of Stella to the rest... and then couldn't resist adding a bit more to the background piece, which was also already glittered!! lol

{The List}

Cardstock - Papermill - Pale Turquiose Smooth
Stamps - Clearly Besotted - Dandelion Dreams (sentiment)
Dies - Clearly Besotted - Elegant Butterflies Die Collection
Inks - Hero Arts Shadow Inks - Soft Pool
Papers - First Edition - Summer Breeze; DoCrafts Anita's - Vellum
Tools - Cuttlebug, half a broken pair of scissors for distressing edges, Heat Tool, my teeny-tiny sewing machine
Embellishments - Flat-backed Pearls
Finishing Touches - Clear Wink of Stella
Extras - Embossing Powder - WOW! Clear Semi-Dull

This week's sponsor over at Sketch Saturday is Whimsy Stamps...


... and here's the sketch for you...


Whew... I'd forgotten how much more there was to add to DT posts!! lol I do hope you'll join in, though, and you should definitely pop over to the SS blog to see what Jen and the rest of the regular DT have come up with!! :)




7 comments:

Michelle Short said...

Stunning card Rachel, I love how you have used that DP. Congrats on GD post too. Hope you have a lovely weekend hun xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Rachel, love the pretty papers and fab design...Congrats on your GD spot.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Wishcraft said...

Love how you've used the sketch, and the stitching on the butterfly is such a great touch... Very pretty card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Rachel. Love the colours and design and such beautiful flowers.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sandra H said...

Stunning card x

coops said...

so gorgeous rachel.beautiful papers and sparkle and i love the butterfly ;D

xx coops xx

Diane said...

Gorgeous Rachel love all the sparkle.

Hugs diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...