Friday 8 February 2013

LOTV Japanese Birthday for my sis’ 18th... :)

Hello everyone!! :)

My ‘baby’ sister turned 18 in November (where the time went I do not know!!lol) and today I am going to show you the card I made for her...


As some of you who have been following my blog a while may remember from last year’s card, my sis has a fascination with all things Japanese and when I was wracking my lil’ old brain to think up a card that would be truly special for her, I remembered the fab Geisha Girls stamps Lili of the Valley had released a few months previously... and so off I popped for a wee shopping spree as I knew they would be perfect!! :)


I knew I wanted to use my gorgeous Kioshi papers so, after a quick look to choose likely sheets, I settled down to colour the beautiful Aimi with Lantern image with my PMs and FMs... first time I’d done any colouring in ages, colour combos I’d never used before, first time colouring this stamp *and* no time to do-over if it all went horribly wrong after I’d got halfway through... so no pressure on myself there then!! :S lol Luckily, thanks to a spare image (or three!!) to test my colours on first, it actually worked pretty well first time and I was pretty chuffed :) So that was day one... now for a night’s sleep and a rest for my aching neck/back!!lol


Then back again the next day to put image and papers together... I wanted to use this lovely paper with the flowers over one side as my main piece and didn’t think it need too much fuss on it, both because that’s not really my sis’ thing and because the paper is just to pretty to cover up. So I just embellished what was there with glaze, glitter and some stamped Japanese- my sis says Kanji?!l- characters which I gilded with Flitter Glu and flakes... all (except perhaps the glitter, but you just *have* to have glitter, right!?!) to add to the traditional gilded and lacquered oriental feel... :)



I cut the numbers on my electronic cutting machine and layered them on another piece from the Kioshi pad with some more gilded characters for interest...


For the base of my easel I also cut one of my Cherry Blossom border svgs, which I designed last year, to make the stopper. The happy birthday stamp and handwritten ‘sister’ are heat embossed with gold glitter powder as I don’t ever like the look of gilding on fine text stamps. The final touches were just a few punched butterflies dotted around and some pretty blue pearls :)


The List:

  • 6x6in Sq. White card blank plus extra panel for easel front
  • Geisha Girls Aimi with Lantern stamp from LOTV, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with ProMarkers and FlexMarkers (no list this time as I can't lay my virtual hands on the photo... but if you really want to know something, ask and I'll have another look!!)
  • Basic Grey Kioshi paper pad
  • Scissor blade (from an old broken pair!!) for distressing edges
  • Japanese character stamps from Aspects of Design’s Japanese Plum Blossom stamp plate
  • Indigo Blu Flitter Glu and Variegated Green Gilding Flakes from Crafty Notions
  • Quickie Glue Pen (for gilding flake detail)
  • Diamond Glaze
  • Sakura Clear Stardust pen
  • Happy Birthday stamp from Penny Black, VersaMark ink and Gold glitter embossing powder
  • X-cut label dies
  • Electronic cutter for my own design Cherry Blossom border cut-file and numbers (cut from gold pearl card)
  • Tiny Butterfly punch from Lakeland years ago
  • 3mm Pale Blue Pearls

As I wasn’t going to be seeing my sis’ before her birthday and her main pressies was absolutely not postable (you’ll see why if you stop by next Monday...!!! ;) ), I also made a little gift to pop in the post with her card... a little glass cabochon necklace made with a piece of matching Kioshi paper :)





I added a few coloured beads to the bail on a jump ring for interest and was quite pleased with the pretty way they hung over the heart :)


And a pic of both together :) I was pleased with how they came out... and my sis' loved them too, so smiles all round!! :D

I’d like to enter these in the following challenges (either the card, necklace or both as each challenge allows): Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes :) ; Moving Along with the Times - Only Girls Allowed :) ; Beading Friends Forever - Anything Goes :) ; Inspire Me Fridays - # :) ; Happy Hour Projects Friday Linky Party - 02.08 :)

Thank you so much for popping by today- I truly appreciate the comments people have been kind enough to leave for me and am trying to do better at leaving comments and returning visits just as much as my health/energy allows :) I hope you’re all well and have a lovely weekend!! :) Oh, and don’t forget to pop back on Monday for a special post with my sis’ gift!! :)





8 comments:

Marcea said...

Hi Rachel, this is just beautiful - I bet your sister loved it! Thanks for joining us over at Beading Friends Forever, hope to see you again soon xxx

Sandra H said...

Rachel, This is gorgeous l do love your card and the neckless is absolutely stunning she will be so pleased to receive such a gorgeous card and neckless xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, your card and gift are so beautiful and very special!! Absolutely gorgeous!
xx

Vicky said...

Simply gorgeous and adorable hunni..:o)

have a lovely weekend...biggest of hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

wow so stunning Rachel.really fabulous design and colours and I love the image and your necklace is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Judith said...

Wow - this is so beautiful - i love the colours and pretty little lady! and what a lovely necklace i'm sure your sister will love it -thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week and good luck! hugs judith x

Lisa Jane said...

LOve that little cute oriental girland the gorgeous embellies
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our Girls only challenge
Lisa x

Wendy said...

Beautiful card and necklace. Bet your sister will love them. Thank you for joining us in the challenge x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...